Welcome! Thanks for taking an interest in our Alpha course.
Our recent course has now finished. It's been another wonderful course. In the words of those who took part:
- "each question raised for discussion made me think a lot more about my faith and what it means to me in my daily life"
- "inspirational, mind-altering"
- "I have taken away much more to contemplate than there was time to discuss in the sessions"
- "wonderful, what an experience"
- "it was great to get to know more people in the parish"
There will be another Alpha course next year. Dates TBC. If you are interested, please let the office know.
- an opportunity to learn more about the person of Jesus,
- an opportunity to explore with others what is important to them
- a relaxed, no-pressure environment in which to consider the big questions in life.
Who is it for?
- People who have some Christian faith already and people who have none.
- People who already know something about Jesus and people who do not.
- Church goers and non-church goers alike.
What does it entail?
Each evening starts at 7pm and begins with a meal, followed by a brief talk and conversations at your table.
What are the talks about?
The talks are short introductions into the big topics. Talks include: Is there more to life than this? Who is Jesus? How can I have faith? Why and how do I pray? Who is the Holy Spirit?
When does it start?
Our next course will start in 2019 - dates to be confirmed. They are usually on Monday evenings. If you wish to join our next course, please check back for details or email the parish office at [email protected].
Where is it taking place?
Our Lady of Lourdes, Hampton Court Way, Thames Ditton, KT7 0LP
What's the commitment?
There is no obligation – we are inviting you to 'taste and see'. Come along to the first few evenings and see if there is anything that sparks an interest, raises questions or if you simply like the company and the food! You do not have to contribute to the meal or conversation if you do not want to. The evenings will conclude at 9pm and there will be no ‘follow-up’ if you decide it’s not for you at any stage.
Still interested? Great! Come along! If you’ve not made up your mind yet and decide on the night to just come along, you will be made welcome – we may not have enough food if lots of people do this but you WILL be welcome to join in!
To find out more about Alpha in general, visit their website at https://alpha.org/