Welcome! Thanks for taking an interest in our Alpha course. Our current Alpha course which began on 29 February is now in progress. Watch this space for dates for our next course.
* an opportunity to learn more about the person of Jesus,
* an opportunity to explore with others what is important to them
* a relaxed, no-pressure environment in which to consider the big questions in life.
Who is it for?
* People who have some Christian faith already and people who have none.
* People who already know something about Jesus and people who do not.
* Church goers and non-church goers alike.
What does it entail?
Each evening starts at 7pm and begins with a meal, followed by a brief talk and conversations at your table. The sessions will run each Monday evening from 29 February to 21 May, with a break during the Easter holidays.
What are the talks about?
The talks are short introductions into the big topics. Talks include:
Is there more to life than this?
Who is Jesus?
How can I have faith?
Why and how do I pray?
Who is the Holy Spirit?
When does it start?
Monday 29 February at 7pm - this course has already begun. We will start another course soon, and dates will be posted on the website shortly.
Where is it taking place?
Our Lady of Lourdes, Hampton Court Way, Thames Ditton, KT7 0LP
What's the commitment?
There is no obligation – we are inviting you to 'taste and see'.
Come along to the first few evenings and see if there is anything that sparks an interest, raises questions or if you simply like the company and the food!
You do not have to contribute to the meal or conversation if you do not want to. The evenings will conclude at 9pm and there will be no ‘follow-up’ if you decide it’s not for you at any stage.
Great! Come along!
If you’ve not made up your mind yet and decide on the night to just come along, you will be made welcome – we may not have enough food if lots of people do this but you WILL be welcome to join in!